Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Credit Card

Options
  • 06-02-2024 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Anyone else have major issues with using the benefits of the Aer Credit card?

The main reason of paying a mon thly fee for the credit card is you can book 2 return flights per year. note if you do not book the flights within a year you loos them.

The methid to book flights is to log onto a website and fill out a form.

The issue i have is i put in departure and destination. dates show fine.

I enter the flight number when i have hotel etc book and either departure date is greyed out or return date. so unable to book for the time period i was planning. This has happened 4 times!

No way to contact anyone about bookings. only way is to fill in form, at which point you get a confirmation email. a holding email a week later and possible confirmation days after that. no additional assistance for having isssues or queries.

For the annual charge it really isnt worth the hassel or the pain of trying to use the benefits!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

Their customer service is really appalling.

I didn't get my annual free lounge passes etc credited on my account. Filled in the form - nothing for months. I had to pester them by email to get a real response. I was told it was an IT issue and that the case is being reviewed.

I told them I was travelling soon and asked could the passes be added manually so that I could use them which they eventually did (should have been the first thing they did without having to be asked!!)

The card is just one of those things that's great on paper and when all is working, but any problem becomes a soul-destroying experience to address.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Anaki r2d2

I have given up on the flights. Really difficult to use.

the advantage is collecting points (albeit it at a fraction of what BA and others give on their credit card) lounge pass, fast pass and the insurance.

Advertisement