Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firestick

Options
  • 05-02-2024 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

Looking for the newest firestick and what should I pay for it? Can wait for any price drops.

Also another smart stick to play rte player etc. used to have a Now TV stick but can no longer buy these.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭wandererz

Have you considered a Chromecast?

Brilliant device. Allows to install most streaming apps directly from the Play Store.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

Is there a newer Chromecast that doesn't need the phone to work it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭wandererz

Yes. The new version for the last few years is the Chromecast with Google TV.

It has a remote control. No need for a phone.

It also allows you to consolidate all your streaming service accounts and search from one screen for movies, shows, etc.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

chromecast is slow - wait for an amazon sale . you can sideload the rte android tv app on a firestick easily

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

Great, thanks for that. I wouldn't know much about them so thanks.

Is there a latest version? How much would it cost

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

there on amazon and currys webite latest are the 2023 versions . 4k max gen 2 and 4k gen 4

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭greasepalm

I won a 4K max in UK and customs tax was about 13 sterling extra , ones setup for UK are blocked here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Advertisement