Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When Tuning Television for Satellite channels what is the difference between Blind and Network scan?

Options
  • 05-02-2024 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there, I didnt know whether to post this in technology but there wasnt a bit there for TV's

so I have this 24" FTA Satellite TV called e-star from Harvey Norman (but since having it I have noticed that AKAI and Nordmende use exactly the same software, menu UI's , onscreen displays etc)

When I go to tune the free to air channels it gives me a choice of using 'BLIND' or 'Network scan' - I always choose BLIND (and it takes absolutely ages to find all the channels, over 10minutes I would say) but what does the network scan do?

There is also another setting called LCN whatever that is .

Any idea what they mean/do?

Thanks.

Andy.

Advertisement