Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LED strip in alcove unit has gone dim

Options
  • 05-02-2024 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭

I have 2 alcove units , both with LED strips on the underside of shelves.

The ends of the strips are connected with wires running behind the units, back to the transformer plugged in underneath.

The little push connectors are often in need of squeezing up, when one shelf strip goes out.

However, recently one full alcove unit strips have gone dim.

Could this be the strip itself dying, or perhaps the transformer needs replaced?

They are about 6 years old now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,822 ✭✭✭10-10-20

I'm not sure how many LED units you have per transformer, but if you have two running off a transformer and only one is dim then with the way that these strips are wired with 3 or 4 LED's being in a series and multiple series being paralleled, it's probably a loose or damaged cable leading to that whole module at fault here. Look for any cable or connector over a humid area such as kettles or toasters.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭batman1

Each alcove unit has its own transformer. In the living room so no humid areas.

There's 4 shelves so 4 lengths of strip, connected together by normal cable, and back to the transformer.

I'll check all the connections and see.

All the strips are working, just all dimmer than the other side

Advertisement