Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Completely Made-Up Adventures of Dick Turpin - Apple TV+

Options
  • 05-02-2024 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭

An all star British cast starring in the classic British Highwayman's story

Noel Fielding, Hugh Bonneville, Ellie White, Marc Wootton, Duayne Boachie, Tamsin Greig, Asim Chaudhry, Dolly Wells, Joe Wilkinson, Mark Heap, Geoff McGivern, Michael Fielding, Samuel Leakey and Kiri Flaherty.

In “The Completely Made-Up Adventures of Dick Turpin,” Dick Turpin (Noel Fielding) sets out on a journey of wildly absurd escapades when he’s made the reluctant leader of a band of outlaws — and tasked with outwitting corrupt lawman and self-appointed thief-taker Jonathan Wilde (Hugh Bonneville). In this irreverent retelling set in the 18th century, Turpin is the most famous but least likely of highway robbers, whose success is defined mostly by his charm, showmanship and great hair. Together with his gang of lovable rogues, Turpin rides the highs and lows of his new endeavors, including a brush with celebrity, all whilst trying to escape the clutches of the thief-taker.

Starts March 1st.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Some of the gags felt a touch obvious, but overall it looks like it could be a bit of fun. Will definitely depend on whether a funny trailer translates into a funny series

• Registered Users Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭squonk

Just finished the first two episodes of this new show with Noel Fielding as Dick Turpin. It’s absolutely fantastic. Complete farce and very funny in a Blackadder/python way I think. Best comedy I’ve seen in ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭setanta1000

I watched this against my better judgement and loved it! It is farcical, stupid, ham acted (in some cases, not all!) and preposterous and yet is very funny. If you like Noel Fielding whimsy and stupidness then you'll like this.

I must admit that I actually enjoyed The Mighty Boosh so maybe I'm programmed to like this.

It also seems to have every available British TV comedian rammed into it - including Mark Heap from Friday Night Dinner!

So I'm with Squonk on this - this is very good; utterly stupid, but good!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Yeah I'm really enjoying it a more than I expected to I must say.

Four episodes in and it is pure light hearted nonsense and just a fun watch.

• Advertisement

That was a very fun finale for a fun series and if it gets renewed I’d definitely be back to watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

The trailer looks terrible but the cast is amazing. I will give it a go

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

It's really great for a family watch too, there are jokes and humour for everyone. My 10yo kid loved it, there are excellent cameos from people from Ghosts, Taskmaster and other shows we watch together.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭squonk

yes, I was just thinking the same watching the last episode. I could have easily watched with my nieces and nephews and both of us would have had a great laugh at different jokes sometimes but often together. In fact I’d swear they did adult abc kids jokes almost together at times. It’s a great watch.

Advertisement