Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best wedding gift - good friend

Options
  • 05-02-2024 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭

Hi all, not sure if this is the best place to get answers, couldn't think of anywhere.else...

Anyway... a good friend is getting married soon, and would like to give her something sentimental/different. Not stuff u typically see like picture frames with the bride and grooms names and date etc on it.... and I don't want to give money. I'd like something unusual, thoughtful .... practical would be a bonus!

Would appreciate any ideas and thoughts

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭SmallgirlBigcity

I'm due to get married soon and would personally just prefer the money, but that could be just me! You could offer to pay for something for the wedding, such as the photo booth or candy cart/ ice cream cart etc. That could really help her out. Or if you'd rather focus on something sentimental, you could put together a nice photo album of your friendship together, or an album with photos of her and her other half. Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭iniscealtra

Money and a nice Photo of ye for the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Money.

Close thread.

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭NedLowry

Barack Obama wasn't a serious student of history.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Get Real

Also chiming in with money. I gave a good friend a fair few quid for theirs. Obviously that'll depend on your own circumstances.

If you want to make it personal, perhaps some sentimental/personal but inexpensive gift too.

At the end of the day, money will be easiest and appreciated. But whatever is personal to your friendship, be that a lovely letter, object or symbol etc can also be gifted on top.

Don't think anyone can give advice on something unusual or personal without knowing the dynamic of your relationship. You'll know best.

So even though money is very business like, add a side gift in. So it's personal but also, doesn't run the risk of an actual gift in lieu of money, coming across as stingy or offensive.

• Advertisement
Advertisement