Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disputing warning

Options
  • 05-02-2024 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,057 ✭✭✭✭

I called a poster a liar because they continued to post that I had said something when I did not say it. This is the original post:

I posted that I never used the word "control". For some reason this post has been deleted by the moderators. I assume you can see it though.

I called them a liar because they were lying. I never said "Jews control Western media". I simply posted to an article which detailed how they manipulate reporting out of Israel. From the Guardian.

----------------------------------------

Post edited to remove links to posts by other users

- Big Bag of Chips

Post edited by Big Bag of Chips on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,057 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

I have some more to add to this. The behaviour of the moderator in question is nothing short of bullying.

Today I get a warning for this: <Link removed as post deleted>

for being "Off topic". Because I referred to the posters continued irrelevant posts about the Catholic Church.

---------------------------------------

- Big Bag of Chips

An earlier example:

<Link removed as link no longer works. Post not visible>

I got warned about a post calling for higher disability benefits for genuine cases. The moderator subsequently put a warning in the OP about anyone mentioning SW and then referred me to it. I pointed out they only put that in after I made my post (which did not say anything negative) and there were tumbleweeds.

Same moderator warned me for this post

Said I was "trolling" for replying to a post which itself was making a joke but still exists. I only responded to their joke.

---------------------------------------

- Big Bag of Chips

Same moderator also gave me a warning for this. The poster kept lying and misquoting me deliberately so I told them they were a liar. They were trolling. After I pointed out that I had never used the word, they kept putting it in - even putting it in bold - and attributing it to me.

I was subsequently accused of being a liar. Did I give a sh1t? No. Is that post still there? Yes, it is. I don't care that it's there but it doesn't seem to be consistent.

So what is going to happen to the above? Will there be a recognition that there is a pattern here of bullying and bias?

Or more likely just saying "well he gave you X cards and now you have X cards so we will give you this sanction"

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 13,769 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

As per the dispute resolution process have you discussed this with the moderator? This thread will be used to discuss your warning only. It will not discuss any other users or any actions taken or not against them.

Confirm you have discussed it with the moderator in question and I will ask a Category Moderator to look at it for you.

Messages were sent to the moderator after each. Most were just ignored. For the one about the SW I even sent one about a week later to ask them to please look at it again, pointing out they only put their warning in after I made my post (which in and of itself was not offensive anyway).

@Donald Trump I am going to tidy up the posts above. Many of the links you have posted to your posts are now dead because the posts have been deleted and as mentioned above this process will not be used to discuss any other posters so all posts quoting others are unnecessary.

I will ask a category moderator to look at this but I will also ask you to try be clear and succinct in your appeal, and focus only on your warning.

Ok. I had thought that the moderators would be able to see the "deleted" posts so I put the links in.

Post deleted. Only the poster and the category moderator are allowed post in DRP.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,174 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Hi Donald Trump,

I'm going to get straight to the point. You've had seven warnings since this year began. Seven.

Having had a quick look at the posts that garnered the last few warnings, I think you got off extremely lightly. The last warning indicates that you'll lose your access to the CA forum should you continue posting as you have been doing.

That you've waited until this point to begin appealing earlier warnings suggests that you are not engaging in good faith. I think you should either take a break from CA or change your posting style there. I have no interest in who said what to you. You know to use the report function at this point.

Therefore, I'm upholding the warnings.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

What is the relevance of waiting until now to appeal warnings? Genuine question.

Why not take a minute to look at the actual warnings? I got two of them - again from the same moderator - subsequent to posting this thread. for nothing again. Except perhaps retaliation.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,174 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I've said all I intend to say.

To answer your question, it's odd to say the least that you've waited until the last warning informing you that you're on your last chance to appeal these. You've posted on the site multiple times in the past few days.

Anyway, I've made my decision. The next step is to appeal to an admin if you'd like or to leave it at that. I won't be debating this further.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Most normal people wouldn't bother running to open a dispute for every warning which - although unjustified - could be a genuine mistake or mis-understanding on the behalf of the moderator. You might raise it once a pattern emerges. It is illogical to dismiss the failure to raise earlier ones as meaning the entirety is not made in good faith.

If you work in an office and a colleague says something a little off-colour towards you, you probably won't run straight to HR. If a pattern becomes clear and you eventually take it to them, it would be a bit silly if, after you presented your evidence - that the HR person would dismiss it as "well you are obviously here in bad faith because you didn't come running to us the first time that person might have displayed their behaviour"

If a moderator has a particular bias e.g. against a certain grouping of people either due to prejudice or religion or otherwise, they should recuse themselves from a certain thread. That thread is a sh1tshow. There is a heavy bias against people saying Palestinians should have basic rights. There are a number of Israeli supporting posters listed on the front page as being banned (with no lifted notification) who are still posting on it. I say leave them post, but at least be consistent.

I anticipate the response so no need to post it - "You know where the report button is". I would rarely use it. I don't care that much. Ironically, I did use it on one particular sequence of trolling posts in that thread. That post I reported is still there. What happened - well I got warned myself and had a post deleted. Isn't that nonsense? So I made this thread. And then in retaliation for starting this thread, I get two more.

I mean in a thread about Palestine and Israel, one poster keeps sneering and harping on about the Catholic Church. I make one post pointing out the irony of them continually dismissing one religion while simultaneously supporting another group based entirely on what they say their religion promises to them, and I get a warning for being "off topic". If I go to a GAA thread and keep posting about Taylor Swift and the Superbowl, and then one poster says that I seem obsessed with the irrelevant Taylor Swift, I wouldn't expect that it would be them that would get the warning for being off-topic and have their post deleted and for mine to remain!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement