Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Erratic Messages

Options
  • 04-02-2024 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

My ex, who dumped me, messaged me on Friday to tell me about something bad that had happened her recently. I said I was sorry to hear that and offered to help. She then proceeded to get angry with me because I didn't reply quickly enough to her subsequent message and proceeded to send me a barrage of angry texts. She then spent the rest of the weekend sending me messages giving out about things that happened during our relationship. Worst of all she actually blames me for her doing all this and has now gotten thick with me as I've pointed out that I'm not putting up with the sort of messages she’s sending and she has no right to be messaging me giving out to me seeing we are no longer together. I mean am I going crazy? I know she may be going through a tough time but as far as I’m concerned she is way out of line but she has twisted it around to somehow get thick with me over it. What do people think? Should i even bother engaging with her? I really don't want to block her but I can't put up with her messages anymore.

Post edited by Big Bag of Chips on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭YellowLead

How long were you together for? Do you share kids together?

I cannot think of a single reason why you would not block her, she doesn’t need to be part of your life and you owe her nothing - I wonder are you a bit of a people pleaser.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

I read this as erotic massages.

I think you should block her. No sense keeping exes in your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Sounds like a psycho, block her and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,266 ✭✭✭✭ted1

• Administrators Posts: 13,769 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Why don't you want to block her?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,491 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

She knows you're a fool and will come running. Block her.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭CuriousCucumber

She's venting because she's questioning what has happened

Personally, I'd ignore, or ask her to stop texting.

I wouldn't be too much of a prick to her. She may have been the person to end the relationship, but we're all human, and go through a range of emotions. If you cared about her, then, in my opinion, the best thing you can do, is ignore the messages for about 12 hours, and the reply, politely, asking her not to text you

*also definitely read the thread title as Erotic messages. I'm disappointed

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭thegame983

She's trying to **** with you.

She dumped you and now She's in contact to rub it in your face.

Block her.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Block, just wouldn’t put up with that.

you offered her some assistance despite owning her nothing, it was thrown back in your face.

block…

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

She's taking her anger out on you which is never fair.

As others have said, if you don't want to engage with her or answer her texts then either tell her to stop or block her.

You don't owe her anything and you're not there for her to take her temper out on regardless of your past relationship.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭beachhead

Time to block and/or delete for peace of mind

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,932 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Seemingly she has a lot of anger in the tank from when you were a couple. I think it's time you both cut connection and move on with your lives.

• Administrators Posts: 13,769 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Thread locked pending review.

@seriously2024 please PM me to clarify a few things before reopening.

Thank you.

------------------------

Edit: Thread will remain locked. OP has posted a number of threads on the same subject recently. Posters cannot offer appropriate advice if the OP isn't being completely honest.

Post edited by Big Bag of Chips on

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement