Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lick bucket for ewes lambing

Options
  • 04-02-2024 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭

I give nuts to ewes prelambing and I also leave out a lick bucket

Is there any need to give the lick bucket pre lambing when they are getting nuts

Last week 25 ewes used a full bucket.

Ewes be starting lambing this week

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭orm0nd

No. Just give them nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Tileman

What’s the best thing to give a hogget with acidosis. Was moving from one a day to ad-lib to try finish the last few but think one or 2 are a bit sickened from it. Have access to water and hay. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

Not sure what the best thing is - but had one or two ewes that sickened themselves on barley a few months ago… I gave em some milk of magnesia (I use it myself so had it around) I don’t want to say it was 100% the reason they came good, it could have been they came out of it themselves - but after a few days they were ok…

They had zero interest in ration for a while afterwards. Not much interest in hay either. Put em out in some grass and they came right again… Reading your post, I suspect you want to get them back on ration ASAP, so not sure I am much help to you 🙂🙁

Advertisement