Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2024 Recruitment Drive

Options
  • 04-02-2024 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all

N Irish and currently in a GB force, thinking id like to go back to NI for various personal reasons. I've been reading about the recruitment process and obviously the fact that there are a substantial number of people still waiting to join from previous campaigns.

What are people's thoughts on there being a 2024 campaign, given the new power sharing govt, and given that they seemed to do a 2020 and 21 campaign back to back a few years ago? Is it realistic to get my hopes up or should I be expecting to wait a few more years?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 new2022scs

It's a hard one to judge, all depends on financing. I'd put a guess that they may put a recruitment drive out by beginning of 2025.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Blueandtwo1320

Yeah hard to gauge, If the recruitment drive really picks up this year (which is likely due to the lack of recruitment and now an executive in place)

It's certainly a possibility for advertising toward the end of the year for a new recruitment competition, but I would say it's more than likely to be 2025.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

Rumours are recruitment will start again in April.. best to keep an eye on PSNI website and sign up for job alerts.

Good luck 🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 6 CJauditsyeoo

First time on here. I've been told by a good few its supposed to start in April but PSNI officially has said there are no future plans at-least through email anyways. However according to the BBC the Chief Constable said the recruitment drive will start in April.

Here's hoping would be great.

The recruitment from April is the commencement of intakes from the existing 2021 merit list.

Not a new campaign....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 CJauditsyeoo

Aw that is actually quite disappointing. But good for them lot hope they’re buzzed after waiting all that time. I’m eager to start my way but god 2 years and they’re still not Student’s. Any idea what’s going on there or is that the usual with the process?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Blair0102

I have to say I had a good laugh at your choice of username🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭johnny990

May the force be with you lol

• Registered Users Posts: 29 stealth299

on good morning Ulster today with Liam Kelly from police fed and Alison morris from Belfast telegraph it was said there will be a new recruitment campaign launching in April

I hate to disappoint, but it wont happen.

How can it? There are over 1000 people sitting on a merit list ready for intakes. They have already stated in F.O.I they have no plans for a new campaign.

I honestly think there is confusion out there between, resumption of the recruitment campaign, and running a new recruitment campaign.

As I said previously, a realistic timeframe in my view, is possibly the very end of this year for advertisement, but more likely next year.

Post edited by Blueandtwo1320 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Si_zx10r

I think blueandtwo is correct, they have literally just offered a handful of positions to the top guys in 2021 and remaining 2020 campaign with it being 30 in total. The majority of us in the 2021 campaign haven't even started the managed stages due to budget but it does like like it's starting to move at pace now

Advertisement