Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2011 Toyota Auris 1.3 Petrol Mileage one hundred sixty thousand miles 160000

Options
  • 04-02-2024 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

My Question is how long will this engine last for with before the engine goes . has any one seen 2011 Toyota Auris the same year with higher mileage? and has the car being reliable?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,938 ✭✭✭User1998

No one can really tell you how long your engine will last. I’ve seen Toyota engines with half a million km on them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭enricoh

Had an auris 1.4 diesel, sold at 300k km. Not entirely bulletproof, but not far off it when I had it from 150 to 300k.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭goochy

Unusual 2c a petrol with that much mileage

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Lord Baron Lane 8

13 years old car has done abt 12500 miles a year would it be best if I sell this car to avoid mechanics bills over mileage?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,938 ✭✭✭User1998

Its a Toyota, you’ll be fine. All cars have mechanical bills regardless of mileage.

• Advertisement

So u own the car ? If its been well maintained should last for ever

I bought this car 2 months ago from Belfast same owner for the last 7 years with service history but mileage has made me think should resell ?

have a friend with a 171 Honda civic, 80k km and the engine failed last week.

Comparably my driving instructor 141 auris has never had more than oil, filters, tyres and brake pads changed and it’s the car he uses for lessons.

Your driving style would have a lot to do with it and you’re the only one who can really be sure what you’re going to deal with in future.

Is the car driving differently or strangely recently? Have you noticed new noises that are weird?

Maybe there’s nothing actually wrong and you just want a change but need an excuse!

I never had a Toyota Auris 1.3 petrol with high Mileage 160000 Miles before the guy in the NCT told me he has seen Toyota Auris with over 300000 miles on the clock. but a 171 Honda Civic with 80k engine failed make you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭shane b

2 months is a bit early to make up your mind yet. Ok so you now have to replace the lambda sensor but its small money. 160k miles over 12 years is about 13K miles or 21k KM a year. Thats a decent amount of driving for a petrol. There is a 2010 petrol corrolla for sale on donedeal with 250k km in loais.

Generally ive found that petrol engines in the last 20 years outlast the other parts like suspension and bodywork. My mother has a 04 Golf 1.4 petrol with 220k miles that she has had to retire since christmas. Engine is fine but electrical gremlins and corrosion underneath taken its toll.

I had 1.6 Nissan primera petrol years ago that finished at 203k miles, 90 k of which i put on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Luna84

have a friend with a 171 Honda civic, 80k km and the engine failed last week.

Which engine was that the petrol 1 litre or 1.5? Or maybe it was a diesel.

I am fairly certain that you wouldn't have a paid big money for it . In 3 or 5 years time you will probably say its the best thing you ever bought

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

I had a 2009 1.4 for less than a year. Had to buy something pretty quick to get back on the road at the time - in an ideal world it would have been far from my first choice and I say that as a Toyota fan. It was reliable but pretty slow and relatively heavy on fuel considering. Generally pretty ungainly but did what it needed to do without an major drama. Didn't really have the nice solid feel I would expect of Toyota's. The large plastic tray going across the top of the dash was particularly cheap, light and nasty. The big headlights and taillights are in my opinion gawky and naff looking but such was the style from the era. As with all Toyota'e expect water ingress into the boot.

The 1.3, 6 speed should be a much nicer combination in the car I'd expect. If minded well it should just go and go all the same. A lot will be down to how well the previous owner(s) looked after the car too - the unknown you would still have if you were to ditch it and buy another used car.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ajb13

I've had this issue on a 192 1.0L civic with 75km. It's a known issue, the timing belt is "shredding teeth" leading to engine failure. Luckily Honda covered the cost of the repairs and I've put another 25k on the clock with no issue. Speaking with the garage a timing belt replacement of the 1.0L model will set you back around €1300. Not sure how much an engine replacement would be!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The later ones had improvements in the interior, and the 1.33 engine was a lot quieter than the 1.4 which for some reason in the 2007+ Auris and Corolla was far noisier than on previous generation.

I sold Toyotas back when the Auris was launched. They issued the dealers with kits full of adhesive foam and felt strips to try and fix the abundant rattles in the Auris. It was probably the most poorly developed car they launched in living memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭cute geoge

Which were the best model corolla /Auris in your opinion .I bought a 05 corolla 1.4 280km handy ,I think it is an A1 top drawer car, it sails away up hills in top gear rarely have to gear down .I would be more used to vw but imo toyota are a league ahead based on this car .I am inclined to pick up a cleaner one

Not sure to be honest, I asked there what happened after and he said the fan belt had snapped.

In any case I was not trying to make a claim about Hondas or any other car but more to the point that really if you have a bit of bad luck or unfortunate circumstances can arise unexpectedly.

Basically you couldn’t really say how long a car will last or for that matter even guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I think most Irish people would agree that the 92-97 shape was the best relative to the time they came out, and they’re probably more hyped up than Carina E’s at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭beeker1

I've always gotten 500kms out of every Toyota I've owned , if it's been regularly serviced then I'd have no second thoughts about one with 140k on it !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Yep I think people get too bogged down with the odometer figure. I seen a youtube video once (doesn't seem to be there anymore) where two of the same engines were stripped. One had 65k miles and was poorly maintained while the other had 165k miles and was well maintained. The 65k mile engine looked just bad bad bad while the 165k mile engine was actually in very good shape by comparison. Not implying high mileage equal better here as of course it could be the other way around too, rather that good maintenance is key rather than an infatuation with the odometer figure.

Nice to get a well documented on time service history, peace of mind, doesn't need to be from main dealer imo.

• Advertisement

I was just talking yesterday to guy who has 240,000 two hundred and forty thousand miles on the clock of his 2008 Reg Toyota Auris 1.3 petrol the engine is still going .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

A 07 avensis I work on , in for a service and NCT check up. Not a spanner put to the actual engine other than regular routine maintenance and no reason why it wouldn’t do another 88k without any issues

I wonder if it’ll go back to 0 after 999,999 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Diesel

• Registered Users Posts: 24,293 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Advertisement