Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heating pipes mounted but not supported by wall clamps

Options
  • 04-02-2024 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have a new build and the plumber just installed a complex piping network for my heat pump-based heating system. Although the piping looks very neat, I noticed that not a single copper pipe is supported by wall brackets, the entire system (including pumps!), which comes off a PEX pipe, is supported by the control unit. Most pipes are at least 1m long.

I think all pipes should be supported by pipe mounts at least every xx cm. Is anyone aware of the S.R. 50 Series: Standards for Modern Heating and Plumbing, and is there anywhere mentioned therein how pipework has to be mounted/supported; or can anyone advise me on this? Photo below.

Many thanks!

Comments

Advertisement