Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swords - the Carlton Court estate

Options
  • 04-02-2024 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if the attics in these houses can be converted? Specifically the hip roof shaped ones. I don't see many, if any, velux windows in the estate so I'm getting the impression they're not worth converting.

I don't live in the estate and don't know anyone living there, so I can't ask someone personally.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭shoegirl

If you are talking about the houses in the main estate, they are large houses with 3-4 bedrooms so there should be plenty of space for attic conversions.

If you mean the Paddocks, which is on the left closer to the Pavilions, the much smaller quarter-detached 2-bed town houses, several people have already converted their attics, they have about 42m2 of floor space upstairs, how much of that can be used probably depends on how much you want to spend on moving the Velux shaft and reflooring under that space.

Nearly all of Carlton Court (including the Paddocks) have Velux windows in the hallways with a shaft to the attic. You'll see a few with a larger Velux window which has been converted already.

Advertisement