Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Import fees and delivery.

Options
  • 04-02-2024 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

This is my first time importing furniture from china,whic is around 13CBM weight, the destination port charges came to 1443 euros not including shipping charge, shipping is 388 euros.

destination port charges are 1443 euros.

can some one please check and let me know if im being cheated here or is it fair market vaule?

can you guys please suggest, how to proceed from here. I need to clear customs and get them transported to my home. As the final destination is my home. I do t have any forklift or other machinery to unload the pallets. So what would be my possible solution here. Clear cusomts and appint a 3rd parth deluvery person to dismatle the pallet and delivery? Any other poosibel solutions please advise.

Post edited by Big Bag of Chips on

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 13,772 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Moved to a more suitable forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭andrewfaulk

Yep you are being screwed there..

Normally THC for lcl would be about €50 per w/m, you are paying €85.. €85 for agency is also high, normally would be €55-€65.. But the CISF and ERS are where they are really screwing you as these are both basically made up charges..

if you search China import service fee, you will find many similar experiences and unfortunately you have fallen for one of the biggest pitfalls with buying from China.. Basically the shipper in China gets a low ball rate from a freight forwarder, who then sends a bill forward to be collected at the destination.. As you have paid for the goods and they still physically have the goods, you have little choice but to pay to get your shipment..

hope the furniture is good quality and lasts a few years for you, as it will probably have worked out more expensive than just buying it here with those fees

Advertisement