Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Achilles tendon

Options
  • 03-02-2024 8:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭

A few years ago I tore my Achilles tendon. It did eventually heal but I injured it in the gym which I started going to 4 weeks ago. Prior to that I was doing no exercise. I went from one extreme to the other.

In pain and limping 4 weeks now. I don't think theres any point in seeing GP as he'll tell me just to rest it.

I've never had Physio before in my life. Would that be a good option? How much would a session cost?

I can't think of anything else that would help. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭saccades

When I damaged my Achilles I was sent for an MRI to assess the damage. Luckily I didn't need surgery but the physio has been great.

I'm going to a proper registered one and it's 60 euro a visit. 3 visits in and the exercises are working well.

Just resting will not fix it (I did that for 2 months and didn't get very far).

Doctor for assessment (it's had 4 weeks rest) and go from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭cobham

I had just one session with a physio who showed me the right exercises to do and also did some acupuncture.

Advertisement