Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Racing Festival 2024

Options
  • 02-02-2024 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭

1:20 — Predators Gold 11/8

1:50 — Storm Heart 7/4

2:25 — Marine Nationale 4/9

3:00 — Gaoth Cuil 12/1

3:35 — Galopin Des Champs 4/9

4:10 — Grey Diamond 12/1

4:40 — A Dream To Share 11/10

1:20: Paul Townend’s pick is of importance, I feel, and shows there must be confidence in PREDATORS GOLD stepping up in trip. Jetara with the mares’ allowance could be the main threat, but for me, this horse has a great chance to get favourite-backers off to a good start. 

1:50: Again the selection is putting weight behind Townend’s selection and them getting the Closutton horses in the right pecking order. 

2:25: This is all about the favourite, MARINE NATIONALE. Not much to be said, really. Based on everything we have seen, he should win. One for the multiples at his price. 

3:00: Few jumped out here in what looks a very competitive handicap. Search for Glory coming out of graded races could go very well from near the top of the weights. Thought Allie Rose was a biggish price after the Navan run but might want ground on the softer side. I was taken with GAOTH CHUIL’S win at Christmas, though, and think she might have another step forward in her.  

3:35: Not the most appealing from a betting perspective, but GALOPIN DES CHAMPS was imperious over the Christmas, and I feel he will reverse the form with Fastorslow if reproducing anything near that again.

4:10: Looking for something at a bigger price, GREY DIAMOND stood out. He’s coming down to a mark that previously saw him have form that tied in with good two-milers like Fugaitf and Frero Banbou. Now trained by Gordon Elliott, hopefully he might represent some each way value.

4:40: On paper, A DREAM TO SHARE should we well good enough to win this for the second time. He was mightily impressive last year, and came through all subsequent tests with flying colours. Only issue for me is the break. If he’s right, I think he could be one of the bankers of this meeting. You Oughta Know might be the biggest danger, despite being the apparent stable second string for Willie Mullins. 

Post edited by howareyakid on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 The Hoarse Whisperer

1:20 — I Will Be Baie 8/1

1:50 — Intellotto 6/1

2:25 — Marine Nationale 2/5

3:00 — Ballybawn Belter 22/1

3:35 — Galopin Des Champs 2/5

4:10 — Pats Choice 14/1

1:20 — A small bet at 8/1. Beat an Elliott hotpot lto that subsequently won. Looks the outsider of the Mullins four going by jockey bookings but the third at the prices.

1:50 — Won nicely here at Christmas on hurdling debut on bottomless ground. Think he can come on for that and looks a decent ew bet on ground that might more to his preference albeit with a formidable looking Mullins contingent to contend with.

2:25 — Just wins

3:00 — 2/2 at this course including at this meeting last year. Unexposed at this sort of trip and looks to be an improving horse. Interesting.

3:35 Comfortably best I am Maximus and Conflated here last time out. Doubts about Fastorslow form at this track. Performs anything like last time out should win.

4:10 Jack Kennedys choice. Up 4lbs only for win lto.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Enjoyed watching some great horses but Willie winning all eight grade ones is ridiculous.

Advertisement