Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Received a 1 month ban from the Soccer Forum for writing "3-3. Oh ya!"

Options
  • 02-02-2024 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,008 ✭✭✭✭

As the title says I received a 1 month ban from the Soccer Forum for posting "3-3. Oh ya!" They said it's trolling. I've engaged with the mod and they're not relenting on the warning. What, you can't celebrate an equalising goal in the 95th minute?

I have to say, I don't expect this to go anywhere because I've seen how this Dispute Resolution forum operates over the years, both personally and with others. It's a bit of a sham and a charade really.

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 13,770 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Some posts deleted. Only the poster and moderator dealing with the dispute are allowed post in Dispute Resolution.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,328 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Hi sligeach,

As I frequent the Soccer Forum daily I am all too aware of your posting style. You continually Bait and Troll when Manchester United are playing and I mean Continually.

In late October you were told specifically that your style of posting was unacceptable and to improve it. You didn't and a week later, you correctly received a 1 point warning for similar posting. Three weeks later, you again correctly received a warning for a similar posting - a 2 week Forum ban was applied.

Your continuous need to try to bait and troll United fans is abundantly clear to both Mods and posters alike. Last night you correctly received another warning for again posting in a manner to what you had been previously banned for.

I am glad that you do not expect this DRP to go anywhere as you are correct - but for quite a different reason. You have not improved your posting style, you have simply maintained it and your Month ban is most certainly not going to be changed by me.

Please let me know if you with an Admin to take a second look.

Post edited by ShamoBuc on

• Registered Users Posts: 16,008 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

It's not baiting and trolling. To call it trolling is disingenuous, if you want to see real trolling, for example, you should visit the BBC's Football comments sections. I don't like Man United, that's obvious. I support any team that plays them. I'm civil in my posts, I don't make things personal(unlike many of the people on there). United supporters celebrated wildly when they won against Wolves and some in a not so pleasant manner. It's double standards.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with writing "3-3. Oh ya!" Man United are average at the moment, that's not my fault(or problem). And being bad, gives me continual opportunity to be on the right side of results and I mean Continually. What I see are a load of sensitive(there's a better and more apt word for it) United fans that can't handle it. DM_7 gave me the previous warning, for another innocuous comment.

"I heard Man United have had another piece of outrageous good fortune. I'll put the match on shortly.

A draw would be a good result for either side."

They've been contradictory in my dealings with them in PM's. Speaking of which, when I came back to the site, I seen that they had posted a comment in the General Premier League thread in bold, telling people that it was exactly that, the General Premier League thread and if people can't handle a bit of banter, then maybe they shouldn't visit the thread. I'm only sorry I didn't take a screenshot of it, and I was going to PM them about it, but sure it would have been a waste of time anyway. It's not the Man United thread, it's the GENERAL thread, I should be free to enjoy goals, incidents and results regardless of who's playing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,328 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

As per my previous post, please let me know if you want an Admin to take a second look.

I'm going to lay out my posts that have resulted in the warnings that you alluded to in an earlier post. This is for everyone to see, and posterity, the garbage that goes on on this site. I think many are well aware, it's why the site is going downhill. And I seen the comment as well from a member who posted as much earlier here before it was deleted.

"I'm sorry I watched that pile of $###€. United didn't deserve that win, neither team did, they were both awful. Copenhagen have nothing to fear on Wednesday night and will be out for revenge after their last second penalty miss in the first match."

That's not me censoring the language now. That's how it appeared. I criticised both teams. But, no, I'm baiting and trolling United fans specifically. 🙄 And United did go on to lose that match against Copenhagen by the way. One of so many losses this season.

2 week ban for this outrageous post below.

"I heard Man United have had another piece of outrageous good fortune. I'll put the match on shortly.

A draw would be a good result for either side."

And now a 1 month ban for possibly one of the worst, most offensive posts ever typed on this site.

"3-3. Oh ya!"

In a Premier League GENERAL thread. But apparently Man United fans aren't allowed read ANYTHING even remotely negative as "Oh ya!". Or maybe it was the "3-3" that was the culprit. SMH. You can't celebrate a team getting an equaliser in an entertaining game in the 95th minute and what looked like securing a point?

I'm expecting an imminent 6 month ban from the rugby forum for my repeated baiting and trolling. Maybe the mods haven't gotten the memo just yet.

It depends on who the admin is? How many Admins are there? I've experience with 2 of them. They're the real lunatics of this asylum in my opinion(it's an expression of speech, in case I get accused of calling people names). If it's Ten of Swords, I'm not interested. And if it's Beasty, I'm definitely not interested. He's one of the biggest problems with this site. Ye all stick together, and nobody is ever going to disturb the hive.

Post edited by sligeach on

• Advertisement

Given your opinion on Admins, I think it is perfectly fine to close this thread.

No, who are the Admins, for clarity, if nothing else?

And who is above the Admins? There's people on this site that have no business being in a position of power. Again, this is my opinion. I'm not alluding to yourself, btw.

'How many Admins are there? I've experience with 2 of them. They're the real lunatics of this asylum in my opinion.'

Interesting opinon to share.... while looking for an Admin review.

If any Admin that is happy to spend their time reviewing this, as part of their work in the asylum, please feel free to do so.

I clarified my comment above before this post. I don't know if you seen the edit, because I know how this site works. And on cue... I wasn't disappointed.

"They're the real lunatics of this asylum in my opinion(it's an expression of speech, in case I get accused of calling people names)."

Or do I have to clarify further it's a play on an expression?

Post edited by sligeach on

@sligeach,

I'm an Admin on the site and can I say that if you are coming here trying to resolve a dispute then maybe you shouldn't start that discussion with taking pot shots at moderators, admins and the site in general.

If it's all that bad would you not be happy to just take the 1 month ban and stay away from the place?

If you would like to engage in a civil discussion to attempt to resolve this please let me know. If you are intent on continuing to take digs at everyone then I don't see anyway this can be moved forward and resolved.

• Advertisement

It's been 2 months since my unfair ban. I'm not going to repeat myself. People can read what's above. If an admin would like to do the right thing and rescind them, that would be great, but I won't hold my breath.

I've asked a couple of times for access to the Soccer Forum. The ban was for a month, and as I say it's now 2 months since the ban. I've gotten no response, I don't know if others similarly haven't either.

Site is a graveyard - How can boards save itself?

Just a couple of examples of posts I took from the first page. It's so true and what I've said before.

Hi sligeach,

I asked you a month ago if you'd like to discuss the ban with me. I never heard back from you. If you were banned for 1 month and that month has now expired then your access should be restored. Have you contacted the moderator?

I was told previously by DM_7 that it's a manual process and I have to ask for access through the thread I posted above.

I don't know what you want me to say, I've made my case throughout this thread. I've been around long enough to know this Dispute Resolution forum is a complete shambles. The point about the 2 posts I referenced earlier today is that I'm not alone in thinking this. Mods all stick together. Do you(plural) think we can't see this? Moderation on this site from some people is a joke. It's partly to blame for driving people away from this site.

I can give numerous examples of my own experience here down the years where I've gotten ridiculous warnings, and in one case, thread banned for a single comment stating something that's a scientific fact. But you're not allowed do that on here though, because some might find it offensive, which I wasn't aware of.

The warning in question here, is complete OTT. A month ban for an innocuous comment. SMH. I made half a dozen similar comments in quick succession in the rugby forum and nobody said anything. I applied 3 weeks after the ban ended, because I don't know if I can put up with this nonsense much longer. It's a week later and I've had no response on the Soccer Access thread. There's supposed to be mods monitoring and engaging in it.

sligeach, as per my previous post to you in February if you want to discuss the ban you come to discuss the ban. You don't come throwing around digs and insults.

Do you remember who gave you the forum ban? If so send them a PM. If that doesn't work come back to me.

Edit: Hi SLigeach, I've checked your posting history and you requested access to the soccer forum at 10pm on Friday night. Considering it is a bank holiday weekend I'd wait a day or 2 to see if your access is restored.

May I suggest though that you look at your argumentative and aggressive style of posting. Your posts on this thread have been long rants throwing insults at the site, the moderators and the administrators. There was no reasonable discussion. You have been made aware of the type of posting that will get you warned and/or banned from Soccer. If you wish to remain an active member of the soccer forum you need to contribute constructively.

Post edited by Big Bag of Chips on

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement