Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Skoda Karoq - Infotainment system knackered?

Options
  • 02-02-2024 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭

The infotainment system on our 2018 Skoda Karoq is not working properly.

Turning it on, the welcome to Skoda splash screen appears for about 20 seconds and then goes blank. This happens repeatedly, it never gets to the actual menu to work the radio/sat-nav/cd player. The infotainment system is the Columbus version with android auto and a reversing camera.

I've tried resetting via holding the power button but the issue persists. I haven't tried disconnecting the battery as of yet, that is this evenings task. The reversing camera does still work when the display is on, but doesn't kick in automatically sometimes now, before the issue it would have.

From doing a bit of googling it sounds like a replacement infotainment system will be needed but it looks to be an expensive option. Would anyone know of some other things i should try to try and reboot the system, or if there are other replacement options instead of a Skoda infotainment option?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Probably needs a firmware update

• Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Look up a guy called Adam Jester on Facebook, or jester_radio_code on Instagram. He can help with firmware or replacement bits.

Advertisement