Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haemorrhoid treatment success stories

Options
  • 01-02-2024 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Chronic history here. Finally decided to get something done so plucked up courage and got haemorrhoidectomy despite being given 60%success rate. 4 weeks of misery in recovery but got the guts of 2 good years of relief . Unfortunately I'm right back to square one wondering if it's worth getting done again because now i know how awful the recovery is.

Has anyone had other measures eg banding and had success longterm ot even got the original procedure repeated?

Forme it's not pain or bleeding.. It's unbearable itching that is at it's worst at night so keeps me awake. Suppositories are only for short term use and ointments don't work. I've tried a couple.

Post edited by Shield on January 31

Quote Thanks!

• Options

• Shield
    • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators

Haemorrhoids medical intervention success stories

• Cat_MJan 31, 2024
    • Chronic history here. Finally decided to get something done so plucked up courage and got haemorrhoidectomy despite being given 60%success rate. 4 weeks of misery in recovery but got the guts of 2 good years of relief . Unfortunately I'm right back to square one wondering if it's worth getting done again because now i know how awful the recovery is.
    • Has anyone had other measures eg banding and had success longterm ot even got the original procedure repeated?
    • Forme it's not pain or bleeding.. It's unbearable itching that is at it's worst at night so keeps me awake. Suppositories are only for short term use and ointments don't work. I've tried a couple.

• View Post

•  

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Sugar_Rush

Not much to offer apart from mentioning I got these whilst being prescribed a course of opioid pain killers.

They are straight from hell.

Tried increasing dietary fiber and water intake? (probably an obvious question)

I add bran to everything now, cereal, oatmeal, sodas, beverages, whenever I have to use painkillers.

In physics we trust....

Advertisement