Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas forums Great Easter chat thread!

Options
  • 01-02-2024 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭

I've no idea why I'm starting this thread. Just a general thread to chat about Easter, plans, food, etc.

A few bits I spotted in Aldi

M&S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Oh I love the look of the M&S animal shaped eggs.I want the cow!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Ah Easter, the other time of year its perfectly acceptable to dine predominantly on Chocolate!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Andrew93

March is a busy month for us without Easter falling into it. We don't have a free day for the next 5 weekends...

On the plus side the weather was much milder coming into work this morning which was very welcome.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I prefer when Easter falls in April, it's so early this year.

I really have to put up my Easter Decorations this weekend, the whole thing is sneaking up on me this year! Although at least I have my chocolate supplies well stocked up. 😁

I've got Maltesers eggs in this year. The ones with the crunchy bits in the actual egg.

Bring it on. The way Easter's falling, between the bank holidays and some other plans I think I've 6 short weeks in a row!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭pigtail33

I'm undecided on decorations for Easter, it's not something I've ever done before. But this year, I bought a Happy Easter sign in Penneys and I do like how it has brightened up my hallway. I might have to pick up a few more bits.

I'm not sure where the trend for Easter decorations started, but all the shops are doing it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭DvB

My Mrs has embraced the easter decorating... some easter gonks, chicks & other various decorations have been arriving for the last few weeks... and she saw an easter tree in Dunnes she wants too... madness if you ask me but hey, live & let live.

Post edited by DvB on
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I got this at lunch!

I just have a few bits from Dunnes that I got last year- two little bunny rabbits, a small easter egg garland and an easter wreath. 🙂

Takes less than 15 minutes to decorate for Easter, I wish Christmas was as easy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭A cup of te

I have a few decorations for all events but I go all out for Christmas. Next up is my irish flag bunting and that's literally all I have for St Patrick's Day. Then I have a few egg baubles, and a few chicken and bunny decorations. For Halloween I have a big ugly spider and a few tinsel pumpkins and a banner. I never used to do it when I was younger but in the last 10 years or so in my 30s it just became something to do to bring a bit of a sense of occasion to the house!

I have bought the nephews the small 3 for a fiver eggs because they're still young and I'm still gathering up bits and bobs for an egg hunt for them so buying the small cadbury creme eggs, caramel eggs, Lindor eggs, tiny lindor bunnies etc. I actually don't buy myself anything but my mam has bought a Tony Chocoloney to share. That's lovely chocolate. It's like Yorkie.

I think when I'm finally in my own house I'm going to make Easter a Christmas part 2 and do the whole turkey and ham dinner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Homestore & More are getting in on it too. All Easter decorations are now half price:

I must pop in over the weekend.

Today's purchases!

Hmmm... that Easter Bunny looks familiar. 🤔

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Easter retro!

Ate so much cholcate I feel sick. Classic Easter.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

No Easter Egg for me this year, raging now I didn't buy one. I had a small Cadbury's one a few weeks ago and we got some Easter brownies on Sunday instead but I still miss getting an egg! Any leftovers anyone wants to share? 😂

Advertisement