Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Puck screens

Options
  • 01-02-2024 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone using puck screens?

Any down sides? Worth the hassle?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭bergipau

I do occasionally. I thought it might be a gimmick but it definitely improves my shots. The main issue I have is after making a shot the screen is roasting so it can be hard to take the screen off before knocking out the puck.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I don't see much difference in the shots but it does keep the machine lovely and clean.

I just knock them out with the puck and pick it out of the knock box afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭blondeonblonde

I've been using one the last month or so. I find it makes for a much more consistent shot and it looks like a much more even extraction when seen through the bottomless portafilter. No hassle either for me, just loosen it with a knock first. V cheap and easy improvement for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I've settled into using mine for most shots (I forget occasionally).

What's interesting is that it seems to make little difference to the flow rate. Mrs Beer doesn't bother with them and thankfully, it doesn't seem to require a grind tweak depending on whether they are used or not.

I had feared that it was a case of us both using them or neither of us using them.

Advertisement