Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TP-LINK

Options
  • 31-01-2024 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

Can you still use TP-Links around your house to help boost your WiFi signal even with the Eir Fibre broadband of 1 GB installed ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Dont see why not, however, speed you might expect to get will depend on model. There might be better solutions for WiFi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

TP link is a company.

There are a plethora of different powerline adapters out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I use a TP Link extender and works fine. Here is a tip tho... it doesn't share the Internet equally if you get me?

For example, if I directly connect to a modem I get top speeds. If I connect to the tp link I get decent speeds but not as good as directly connecting to the modem.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭jonnreeks

The idea of TP-Links was offered by providers to improve your wifi while standard broadband was only available. This only offered speeds of up to 100mb/s if you were lucky. The technology was based on the old telephone copper wire method of installation.

Once you have upgraded to the new full fibre broadband option that is now available with a basic 1GB, you should be well sorted.

Too be honest, to get the the maximum from a new installed full fibre set-up in your home, is actually by ethernet wiring directly from the router to your source.

I have used ethernet wiring from my router position to all the rooms in my house. This is the best method to have the best option and provide faster speeds. If you are prepared to do the necessary work it will provide you with a greater option.

😉

Advertisement