Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meross MSL450 Smart Ambient Lamp - 6k Wh/1000h

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭worded

Answering my own question here ...

Im with Yuno energy and depending on time of day its 25 to 47 cent inc VAT per hour per 1KW. So that x 6 for 6 KW !

If correct thats 1.5 to approx 3 euro PH? That cant be right ..

OU UrbanEx VATInc VATDay Unit Rate 8am-11pm (ex peak)37.62 cent/kWh41.01 cent/kWhNight Unit Rate (11pm-8am)23.71 cent/kWh25.85 cent/kWhPeak Unit Rate (5pm-7pm)43.32 cent/kWh47.22 cent/kWh

This is the power usage label on the Lamp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭niallb

It looks more like 6 kWh (or "Unit"s) in 1000 hours.

If that little thing was consuming 6kWh every hour it would be a melted puddle of plastic!

Yes I think you are right !

Im with Yuno Energy and pay 1KW or 1000 watt = .38 Cent

The Lamp label says 6KW/1000h

So does this mean  6KW / 1000 hours use?  

So

= 6 X .38 cent = 2.28 Euros

Rate per KW

6 KWs

Cost per hour

24 hours

0.05472 say 5.5 cents for 24 hours. - excellent. Wonder why it has a G rating ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭niallb

The rating is based on the amount of power it consumes versus the amount of light it produces.

It doesn't take into the calculation the fact that some of the power it's using is making it "smart"

• Advertisement

Ah OK. Interesting stuff this.

I've never had any great awareness of the finer detail of power usage and cost until now

Had a general awareness of heavy hitters of immersions etc

Now that it's costing more for energy it focuses the mind. Don't want to line for paying utility bills

Advertisement