Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with Childminding Costs

Options
  • 31-01-2024 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

HI All,

Looking a bit of advice. We currently have one child (call her Child 1) with a childminder (cm) (who we love). She is there 4 Days per week from 8am until she drops her at pre school at 9.15, then collects from preschool 12.15 and keeps her until 4pm so roughly 5 hours per day. We currently pay €50 per day so €10 per hour.

Our second child (call her Child 2) will be starting with her when my wife goes back to work. The hours for both will be a little bit different - i've outlined below.

The childcare takes place in her home not ours, and my wife drops the kids to her and collects them again. The CM drops the child to school and collects her. Note that she takes other kids - not just ours.

What do you think is a fair price? (Note that we really like the childminder and are happy to pay slightly over the odds - also my wife is a teacher and therefore we only get charged during term time and therefore hourly rate would likely be higher than if we were both working all year round).

Monday - Child 1 8-9.15 & 12.15-4 (plus drop off and collect) Child 2 - 8am - 4pm (CM will have two children for 5 hours and one for 3 + drop off/collection)

Tuesday - Child 1 8-9.15 & 12.15-1 (plus drop off and collection) Child 2 - 8am - 1pm (CM will have two children for 2 hours and one for 3 + drop off/collection)

Wednesday - Child 1 8-9.15 & 12.15-4 (plus drop off and collection) Child 2 - 8am - 4pm (CM will have two children for 5 hours and one for 3 + drop off/collection)

Thursday - Child 1 8-9.15 & 12.15-4 (plus drop off and collection) (CM will have two children for 0 hours and one for 5 + drop off/collection)

Friday - Child 1 8-9.15 & 12.15-1 (plus drop off and collection) Child 2 - 8am - 1pm (CM will have two children for 2 hours and one for 3 + drop off/collection)

Advertisement