Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marathoners- Recommend a Multi Vitamin

Options
  • 31-01-2024 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Looking for advice for a multivitamin to take during marathon training. Loads of advice and sales pitches online bit just wondered if anyone could let me know what they recommend?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭marathon2022

Other than a proper diet, staying hydrated with sufficient protein and carbohydrates from whole food to get the right nutrients I would think topping up on iron, zinc,magnesium and vitamin d might do no harm.

The best thing you can do is learn to get rest, proper rest. No amount of multivitamins will help unless you do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,978 ✭✭✭✭event

I have taken Revive Active in the last 6 weeks of Marathon training for the past few years. Could be a placebo effect but I think it helps me

• Registered Users Posts: 10,420 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

I am using Aldi's Activ Max multivitamins at the moment. Looks as good as any to me, and very cost effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭TheRef

I take Boots version of Berroca as they are frequently on sale. I got three tubes recently for €1:80 total.

Saying that, I don't think they do much but it forces me to sip on 750ml water in the morning, and that's worth it to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

I know feic all about this stuff but there was a great walkthrough of supplements from Mairead O' Keefe, fron New Leaf Health Shop, (an amazing ultra runner to boot) on the Trail Running Podcast here

• Advertisement
Advertisement