Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EW terms for a 17 runner handicap

Options
  • 31-01-2024 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭

From greatbritishracing.com/understanding-the-odds/ I read the following and have always understood it to be the case. With 16 - 21 runners 4 places are paid at 1/5 odds.

"Handicap races with 16-21 runners: 1/5 odds for finishing first, second, third or fourth."

How then does 365 and Ladbrokes claim to be offering enhanced EW terms if they are only paying the exact same thing in the 3:35 Dundalk today Jan 31st, ie 4 places @ 1/5 the odds. This not false advertising?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭mayoman1973

Just realised this might be due to Dundalk obviously not being in UK but I always thought UK and Irish horse racing were governed by same rules?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Paddy Irishman

Hi there! I had a quick look at the racecard and 365's place terms. It was a 14 runner handicap with 3 reserves. 365's standard place terms for a 14 runner handicap are 1/4 odds for 3 places. They "enhanced" these terms to 1/5 odds for 4 places.

Advertisement