Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Vintage Commercial- NCT or CVRT?

Options
  • 30-01-2024 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭

Has anyone NCT'd a 2 seater previously commercial jeep now taxed as vintage in the NCT? I'd imagine I can choose between NCT or CVRT, only thing is the CVRT being twice the price.

I wont be using the jeep commercially, just for private use. Commercial use for CVRT is yearly I know.

Thanks lads

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Dex Dexta

You may do a reverse Pino Harris😁. And have it reclassified M.

When the legendary PH whipped the back seats out of an Isuzu Trooper he created an Irish icon - the Jeep Van. (He tried to do the same with the Gemini car but revenue but the kibosh on that - would have been a rip roaring sales success: cheap to buy and tax, and run the frugal diesel - all wrapped up in a handsome Giugiaro design).

There is a delectable irony in putting seats in a Jeep to cheapen motoring 😁.

Or maybe petition for a new classification - M4 2 seater ‘sports’ 4x4 (it’s not as if we don’t have 2 seater sports cars).

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Dex Dexta

Oops - forgive the double post.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 624 CMod ✭✭✭✭LIGHTNING

I didnt get the choice for my yoke. It has to be a CVRT which I haven't yet sent it through as I am waiting on a mirror for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

NCTS system will not let them test a commercial vehicle.

CVRT will still test that for you and you’ll get a 2 year cert.

Cui bono?

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭alo1587

Thanks all

• Advertisement
Advertisement