Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

If you were immigrating from the UK

Options
  • 30-01-2024 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭

In six months time, so you'd have time to purchase any car, new or used, and import it for free, what car would you buy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭M3CS

A Bugatti Chiron would represent a good value proposition in this situation. Why do you ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Remember that you have to insure it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

BMW i8 or Jaguar F Type.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭User1998

This has been covered a lot lately ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Firblog

You taking it back to sell & make a profit after 6 months?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,034 ✭✭✭✭Esel

A car imported under Transfer Of Residence (TOR) cannot be sold for at least one year - if sold earlier, VRT becomes due.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

Bring 2 cars. one is daily driver, other something collectable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭Miscreant

Wasn't there a thread like this a couple of weeks ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭User1998

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭goochy

Duty on an i8 wouldn't be big . F types for sale in Ireland been for sale a long time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭djan

Basic formula is something desirable with big high emissions petrol/diesel engine which has a high rate of VRT. A 5L V8 Mustang could be a good one but then the road tax is quite brutal. Not sure if Nox is placed on imports but if not then a high performance diesel could be worth a go also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭goochy

yes i think very few people can stomach €2400 road tax whatever their wealth . late model and new Diesel G class Mercs . have struggled to sell here and i am sure its because of the road tax. A few dealers took a chance and brought in new ones and couldnt sell them

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

A good quality E46 M3.

Advertisement