Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change of Contractor Fee

Options
  • 30-01-2024 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi Folks,

I wonder if anyone can help me out.

I need to change my contractor, however I am unsure of the final cost to do so. Below is the procedure taken from the safe electric website.

Here is a summary of how an application to change contractor is handled by Safe Energy Ireland

1. Please complete Form
    2. New REC must not commence work until Approval is provided
    3. Approval provided within 14 Days (if Eligibility Criteria met), please pay fee of €280 + VAT.
    4. Confirmation of Approval Letter sent with form for new REC to complete
    5. Inspection by Safe Energy Ireland, requested by new REC
    6. Certificate issued by new REC

On point 5 above, is this a given in every case or is this at the discretion of the new contractor? And what is the fee for this inspection.

Many thanks

John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭meercat

On point 5,this would be mandatory to have the installation inspected by safe electric

to answer your other question

as this would not be a scheduled annual inspection I would say it’s subject to an additional cost. I can’t recall the exact figure but somewhere @€450 &vat.

Advertisement