Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Astra G Emissions fail

Options
  • 30-01-2024 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,229 ✭✭✭

Might be the end of the road for my Astra G 1.4 petrol after 17 years ownership, failed on emissions, door/sills rush offside,track rod end and one tyre.

Emissions always a pain , now October it got new cat/ exhaust fitted , service 2 weeks ago ,oil/Air filter sparkplugs, on leaving test centre engine management light on hasn't been on must be 2 years., have to see what that is.

Any idea about the readings, could I have a leaking exhaust as not long fitted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭greasepalm

How do you drive the car like an old one or a rally driver ? If the light is on codes would be needed to be read to see if anything points what is causing the issue.

Does the car drink oil and wondering if any vacuum hoses are perished and drawing in air .

Any holes in elephant hose to mono point /what we used to call carb on previous years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,229 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Will read the codes tomorrow, will check the hoses also had a recent head gasket maybe something not attached right, does not drink oil running well, I don't thrash the car took it up motor way for a good run before test and added Diptane.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭greasepalm

I never believed in that fuel additive that close to a test as it takes a long time to work.

We used years ago Innovation power cleaner in a Ford Galaxy Diesel Taxi with 485K and it passed and cleaned the whole system out in days.

When car got serviced did they clean the air mass meter on the hose from air filter and clean the crap around the flaps.

I serviced the car myself, no did not look at air mass filter will look at weekend but did read codes tonight,engine management light not on now and codes not present.

Total number of fault codes: 3

P0200 - Fuel Injector Circuit(s)

(00) - Not present

P0335 - Incorrect RPM Signal

(00) - Not present

P1405 - Linear Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Position

(00) - Not present

Obviously don't know what brought them up, not use to be driven hard with Dipetane maybe, will see if they come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭ongarite

Dipetane ain't going to do **** for your fail.

Your lambda while passing is high, should be 1. Engine is running rich or over- fuelling maybe due to bad O2 sensor, MAF sensor, vacuum leak or exhaust leak.

The injector issue from code you read could also be causing engine to be over- fuelled

Post edited by ongarite on

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

P0335 could be O2 sensor fault on the Astras.

Or it could be a coil pack on the way out.

The 02 sensor was replaced last year, engine management light not come on since with no codes, will take it back to the place who fitted cat to check for leaks.

Advertisement