Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picking up runny dog poop

Options
  • 30-01-2024 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭

Hi,

Not the most attractive topic but we have a dog run outside which has sand.

Any ideas on best way to pick up runny dog poop?

Saw some products online.

Would cat litter help to solidify it first or how do you manage with your pets/dogs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭circadian

Runny dog poo would suggest a problem so I'd tackle the underlying issue. A trip to the vets, it could be as simple as a probiotic or diet change to something a bit more expensive and time consuming like Giardia. Roughly, how long is the poo left before you get a chance to pick it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭jos_kel

Mostly we pick it up either as soon as possible or if not evening time.

But just this one time, it was impossible as it was so runny.

Ive also seen the dog eating his poo but saw online that this isn’t necessarily unhealthy.

Over the weekend we gave the dog a bone from the butcher.

Was thinking this might have changed its digestion habits.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭circadian

Bones can definitely have an effect, if there's any sign of mucus or the poo remains runny for long then I'd take him to the vets. If there's any kind of infection then the poo eating can make things worse, fair play on picking up as soon after as possible. I know people who were happy enough to leave it for a day or so.

Advertisement