Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corporate Credit Card - Credit Check?

Options
  • 30-01-2024 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Started a new role in new company and asked to apply for company Corporate Amex card.

Stupidly neglected personal credit card I had - about 18 months ago - was small balance ~ 1k and debt was sold on and I repaid it in full to the debt collection agency.

But obviously will show up on credit check.

The corporate card is for me to pay back in full, for company only expenses and then to claim back from work.

Will a corporate AM Ex application like this go to through a full credit check?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

My experience of a corporate amex is that it all gets charged directly to the company rather than you personally and then you fill in the details on the expense system. My one automatically put everything into the expense system & assumed it was business expenditure unless otherwise flagged. So I'd check that part out first. If it's that way, then you are essentially just a named user on the card & I don't believe a full credit check is done.

If it's a case that they want you to take a credit card out with Amex in your own name that you will have to pay back yourself & reclaim via expense process I would very much caution against that. I'm not even sure how legal it is for them to ask you to do this. I'd ask why you can't just get your own credit card if this is the case. Plus Amex is accepted in very few places in Europe so that would put me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,813 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

What is the point of a Corporate Card that you have to get refunded for anyway?

All my Corporate Cards have been issued by the company, held in their name, and I charge to it and just bang in receipts and explanatory memos, where needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 FlipFlopAgain

I had a corporate AMEX which was in my own name and I was responsible for paying it back. I assume that they did a credit check, but not sure. After many years the company finally got the expense system integrated with the AMEX billing and the company then started paying the bills.

If the card is in your own name and you are responsible for paying it back, it should be voluntary. I.e. you can refuse to apply for it. But, if your job involves travel, you will then need to get a personal credit card to cover your expenses.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

yeah this was my experience, company ended up stealing our bloody points aswell!

Advertisement