Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old pilot radio

Options
  • 30-01-2024 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi, I have an old Pilot Radio from a grandparent - not exactly sure how old it is. The wood is starting to get damaged from wood mites too.

Is there anywhere in Ireland that can restore these?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭beachhead

Waiting to see any reply.Are you just concerned about the appearance bertiecont? Is the radio working? Mine isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭bertiecont

Haven't actually tried to plug it in. Read on some other old post that plugging it in can blow it as capacitors might need upgrading first.

Mainly worried about appearance - if it would be cleaned up and re-laqured etc I would use it as a display if couldn't get working.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭beachhead

I turned mine on but just get a buzzing sound.I wanted to open the back before turning it on to air blow it internally to get rid of dust,cobwebs etc from valves,mains imput but the back cover too delicate..Externally its in a bad way too-trim peeling off,buttons missing/split/broken

Advertisement