Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas Boiler Flue Regulations

Options
  • 30-01-2024 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all, looking for a few opinions from experts/rgi's on a replacement gas boiler install. Just had a survey done and the surveyor was very knowledgeable and explained a lot but I just jumping on here to get a bit more clarification on regs for one specific thing. He said there was an issue with the current flue on the system which would make the install more expensive due to the need to install an interlinking carbon monoxide alarm, fitting a relay to the boiler, new flue extension. I have a attached a few pictures of the flue. You can see from the picture that immediately after the 90 bend from boiler there is a bend before the straight flue. This was most likely done due to structural timber in the wall(timber frame house, stud finder in pic). I was just wondering if there is a regulation/manufacture guideline prohibiting the current flue setup. He did mention that it may not be needed on the day, depending on the new boiler profile and location of stud etc. Tried doing a bit of research myself but could only find guidance for interlinking alarms where the flue is to be located within a void. Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

Advertisement