Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Japanese Import - wrong colour VRC, NCT

Options
  • 30-01-2024 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

We bought a VW UP! over the weekend (wife's first car), Its a Japanese import very clean and good spec. The car is clearly white in colour but the VRC, NCT etc. has the colour listed as blue, When i look up the registration number on my insurer's (liberty) website, the colour comes up as black. The car was only registered for the first time in Ireland a couple of days ago (24-jan-24), the pre purchase inspection report doesn't indicate the vehicle has been repainted etc. is there a way to fix this? i can definitely see this becoming a problem in the future, so would appreciate any tips, advice, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭User1998

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭lalababa

Used to be able to change the colour on the registration document via shannon. Ring Shannon. Ring insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 shanksadams

Thank you, I was under the impression the form was only to update the colour, if the vehicle was actually repainted to a different colour, will keep this as an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Birka

Contact Shannon and tell them that the colour is wrong on their system. They often get import vehicle details wrong - I imported a VW that was an Alfa Romeo on the registration document but there was no issue correcting it. Do you have any import paperwork showing the correct colour? It's possible to download a build sheet from VW's online systems (Erwin) for a small fee, approx €7 for an hour's access if you can't find any other official evidence of colour

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Oddly enough, when the first picture loaded I thought it was a really unusual shade of blue to see on one. That might be just old age - either way if they won't change the details for you, you can submit an RF111 form for a change of particulars and have the colour on the document amended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭KaneToad

First pic looks like a bluey tinge to me! Is this like that viral dress thing all over again?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭User1998

Actually that reminds me, I’ve imported a few cars from Japan and the VRT staff have asked me what colour I want it registered as, for example a kind of silver/gold car and a silver/white car. They only ask me when the colour is a bit weird. My mams car is kind of purple/black but it says brown on the tax disc.

Theres a good chance that if there is a shade of blue in there that the export certificate from Japan had blue as its colour. You should check the previous documents first before you do anything.

But regardless of what the previous documents say I’m sure you can still change it if it bothers you

• Registered Users Posts: 10,151 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Deffo looks blue to me and not white, it's that baby blue colour.

You are absolutely Correct, the dealer showed me the import docs and it does say Blue (L) on them, apparently the L is for light.The colour does seem to have a very very light tint (but you can't tell if its blue or brown or anything), still looks like a pretty regular white car though. I am just worried about this being a problem for insurance claims etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Well at least I'm not going mad - its blue!

You'll have no issues with any insurance claims, the VIN needs to be correct and thats about it. If your car was damaged, any bodyshop would just look at the paintcode and would have no need to look at the registration documents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭Buffman

If you want to be 100% sure what color VW say it is, find the paint code and check it.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Here’s another in the same shade that’s down as blue as well

Another one here

https://jammer.ie/vehicle/135767-volkswagen-up-2013

Wow, how did you even....this community is something else, thank you, feel like i am the village idiot 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

Lets just be thankful that it's the car that is black and blue

Advertisement