Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legoland Uk

Options
  • 29-01-2024 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭

Hello just looking for some recent information. Has anyone traveled to Legoland in UK recently?

Looking to know about the one site hotels which one is better I think from reading reviews paying the extra for the Castle is daft so looking at the lodges or the other hotel there.. And is it cheaper to go through and agent or just go and book all yourself..

Any information would be great thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

We visited there a while ago. I'd say definitely go for the Legoland Woodland Village (i.e. the lodges), rather than either of the on-site hotels. Bear in mind you can walk in and look around all the public areas of the hotels anyway, so really all you're missing out on for the extra cost is being able to sleep in one of their rooms.

Other piece of advice I'd give is if you can manage it all, go before the English schools close for holidays (sometime in second half of July). That's what we did, and while there were a few school tour type of groups in the place, the queues for the different attractions weren't bad at all. Would say it's a different story during the school holidays there, though!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Hello thank you so much.. Right not worth it so for the hotel rooms, well if you are planning budget wise.. I was looking up their website to stay for a few days and it says you only get one day ticket even if you stay a few days is this right?

I was thinking of maybe going when the kids are back in school maybe end of Sept like that to avoid peak times

Two days will be plenty of time in the park. That's what we did, and I don't think any of us (adults or kids) would have had the appetite for another.

At the time we booked, there was a special offer of the second day's tickets for free if you booked two nights in resort accommodation or one of their partner hotels. That would suggest the usual thing is that you only get one day's tickets, no matter how many nights you book.

So looks like you'd have to buy the second day's tickets separately, which again might have an impact on your budget for where to stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,266 ✭✭✭✭ted1

We went Paddy’s weekend. The Monday this year is a bank holiday. All the British kids will be in school som it will be nice and quiet. Sunday will be busy

• Registered Users Posts: 33 coggy79

Hi, we went to Legoland last August and stayed in an AirBnB in Staines. Only a 20min drive to Legoland plus your close to Windsor and a 45min train into London.

• Advertisement

thank you all again doing up a bit list with this information. thinking of the conversion rates now wondering would it be cheaper to head to Disney or somewhere with euro

We visited Disney during 2022 as part of a longer trip to France where we sailed across with the car and spent the remainder of the holiday in a campsite further south.

All I'll say is that there are no cheap ways of doing Disney. Some are cheaper than others, but none of them are cheap!

Thank you has it really got that bad? I suppose I forget that when we were there it was minus kids and a long time ago

• Registered Users Posts: 7,396 ✭✭✭Trampas

We are thinking of going to Legoland on a day trip today week Monday. Coming from Paddington should we just get a taxi from slough to the entrance as bus seems to take 30+ minutes for 5 mile drive

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭quokula

We went a couple of months ago, stayed in a hotel in Slough and got an Uber - my uber history says it took 12 minutes and cost £14.92

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,396 ✭✭✭Trampas

I was thinking about €20 maybe. I’ve uber so can do that to meet the train

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭wingnut

100% this. We went in June weekdays it was lovely and quiet you could go on kids favourite rides a few times with no queue.

Advertisement