Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double SW payment this week

Options
  • 29-01-2024 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭

Over one million people to receive double social welfare payment this week.

disability, pensions, etc. Fair enough.

But what I don't get is only people on job seekers for more than 12 months will get it.

This only encourages long term dole. If you lose your job or finish college/training, it might take months to find a job. But if you look, you'll find something within a year. Thousands of open positions in this country, skilled and unskilled.

Anyone on JSA for more than 12 months have probably no intention of getting a job and coming off dole. I'm not saying everyone, but I'd guess 95% of them don't want to give up the benefits and work for an employer (nixers don't count).

Do you agree with this policy of double dole for those on job seekers for over 12 months?

https://jrnl.ie/6284051

Post edited by Sephiroth_dude on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,528 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

They can't get jobs because of the attitude of some employers. Ones who go by the Boards.ie high standards. Any job applicant who turns up in clothing with a logo is automatically ruled out. They are drug dealers, scumbags and skangers. Someone who uses the wrong sort of language e.g. "we are where we are" is also discounted. They would offend customers who do not like that sort of thing. Employers can get more suitable applicants from abroad.

Tough on those Irish unemployed, but standards have to be upheld.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mod

Not really suitable for AH, also threads like this never end well so I'm closing it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement