Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experience of One-Stop Retrofitting Firms

Options
  • 29-01-2024 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi

I am currently starting on a journey of retro-fitting a 1970s bungalow which is very very cold. Has anyone experience of using any of the companies registered with SEAI? I want to use a reputable firm that will not overcharge me and will make the process as easy as possible. I am based in the Munster area - not too far from Leinster area either.

I have been making enquires with Electric Ireland (friends of mine used them a few years ago and found them very good) but they are telling me that they will not accept a BER evaluation carried out by anyone except those used by Electric Ireland. I want to price a few firms but it will not make sense to get the BER rating carried out by more than one firm. I understood that the BER cert could be used with all the firms.

Post edited by Spear on

Advertisement