Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Palworld

Options
  • 29-01-2024 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭

So who else has jumped on board with this? Seems like the hype train has already gone stratospheric on this even though early access has just opened up.

It is easy enough to describe it in one word : Fun.

It is a pokemon type game, you capture "pals" that become your slaves. They can help you fight, you can arm them with weapons or special powers and you can manufacture weapons and armour for yourself to fight alongside them. You build an expand a base and have pals work in it to gather resources, food and build equipment. You can even use your pals as ground or flying mounts, or as a glider. All this set in a varied world with different biomes, resources and pals across the landscape. Your pals level up when you gain experience if they are in your party, or when they are working in your base. The pals can have a variety of traits that make them better or worse workers, mounts or fighters - so pals of different species are identical to each other. You can even cross breed pals to selectively breed hybrids with the best of both parents traits/species characteristics. As you level up you get technology points to research new technologies and equipment.

It's only €30 or so on steam and well worth a try. I expect it will get very big as time goes by. I haven't even tried multiplayer yet, just learning the ropes and improving my base/char/team in single player.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,348 ✭✭✭Homelander

So I'm not someone who has even the faintest interest in Pokemon, I do like games like Ark and Fallout 76 though.

When I saw Palworld had almost 2 million concurrent players on Steam, and then heard it described as Ark meets Pokemon with guns, I said I'd give it a go at €30.

Have to say I'm really enjoying it. I've only played 5 hours and feels like I've done absolutely nothing, can see myself getting my moneys worth at the very least. It wasn't until around 3 hours in that I managed to make some clothes for my character.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

need to sort out the pathfinding in it. A lot of my pals end up starving because the farming pals decide to idle or cut down a random tree. other than that i find the game a lot of fun

Advertisement