Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Any experience of ERA parts?

Options
  • 29-01-2024 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭

Hi, I've had ongoing problems with my car, basically very hard starting from cold, but if I disconnect the MAF sensor it starts fine. There is no error code for it though, and I measured the output and it's giving an voltage that varies with revs. I also cleaned it with MAF cleaner.

I have a feeling it might be OK and that when disconnected the ECU is going on some default map that allows the engine to start, perhaps masking the real problem. But I've done loads of other tests and replaced other parts to no affect.

So, I'm faced with changing the obvious part, the MAF in the hope it will fix it.

I found an ERA brand one for €80 on Euro Car Parts (seen ERA on other sites too) so for that money I might take a punt on it.

Has anyone used this brand before, or say if it will work? I don't mind if it only lasts 6 months or whatever, the car will be gone by then as it's an '02.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭User1998

Try your local motorfactors you might get a cheaper price or a better brand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭MrCostington

Thanks but tried two, both more than double the price.

Advertisement