Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

better2know

Options
  • 29-01-2024 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭

Has anybody had blood tests done with this company? They're cheaper than LetsGetChecked.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Is this for STI checks?

If so, same tests free with SH24.ie. If you have a positive result, they arrange free follow up with your local sexual health clinic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Seanachai

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭RoamingDoc

It's concerning that you're contemplating getting an external test in isolation. Suggests that you feel you're not being looked after properly?

I'd be wary of these companies - not had any dealings with this specific one but colleagues have reported extremely poor follow up care.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭PhoneMain

Have to agree, i'm a GP and anything abnormal on these bloods is sent back to your GP, this company wont follow up. Also, it's far more expensive than bloods are going to be in your GP, I had a patient pay over €200 for routine enough bloods that would have cost €30 with a €60 GP consultation which she had to pay anyway for interpretation.

Advertisement