Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday morning coming down

Options
  • 28-01-2024 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭

Waking up at 10...watch a bit of tv..must be something good on..have something to eat..waiting until 12pm to head to the local shop. Little walk...see people coming out of mass. Might see someone you know. Gonna get the Sunday World and maybe a bar of chocolate, pack of cigarettes.

Get 🏡 home and my mam will have a roast chicken in the oven. She likes to make it early. Dinner done by 2pm.

Tv probably if it's free. Mostly omnibus of soap operas but happy to watch them again. That gap from 2-6, never anything good on really. Looking forward to some mini series that's on every Sunday night for the last month and wondering what will happen next but not thinking too much about it. Bit of dread coming of the week ahead.

I was a television version of a person with a broken heart...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,043 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

My grandparents’ days are more eventful than this, and they are dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

get up 7.30am 50+ km on the bike, get back read sun paper do a bit of gardening or any house maintenance. try and lie in till 8 on a sat if I don't have anything to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cheddar Bob

I thought this would be a story about lying in bed freezing cold, hoarse with a mouth like cotton, teeth chattering, simultanouesly having had the best night ever but having a dark night of the soul.

A Sunday morning comedown isnt what it used to be it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭ruth...less

I remember waking up on a Sunday morning and thinking you had the whole day ahead before back to school...then around 6 you'd start getting thet horrible feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Agree Bob. I'm getting old. When I saw comedown Sunday that to me was a night after about 4 yolks, half a bag of whatever powder was available, lose about half a stone in sweat, t shirt is back to front and waking up at about 4pm (if I slept at all) and not having an appetite for 2 days. I suppose my comedown was usually Monday by the time the body metabolised whatever it could😜

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭ruth...less

Well it can be your old drug stories, hangovers whatever..

Doesn't really matter.

It's funny how there's something about the days of the week and feelings you associate like everyone hating Mondays... Saturday mornings..always see them as fresh like I feel like I should be cleaning if I'm off on a Saturday morning... Thursday is just not a bad day ...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,356 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

The Waltons was all that used to be on the tv on Sundays back in the day.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭sporina

personally I hate Tuesdays... adrenaline gets me thru' Monday... but Tuesday is reality - no mans land.. after 2pm Wed woo hoo..

Advertisement