Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A different recommendation for Bikeshop’s please here’s why.

Options
  • 27-01-2024 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭

I’m planning to holiday in ireland this year with the purpose of visiting unique worth a visit Bikeshop’s

been involved in cycling all my life so I’m looking for places that might have stood still in time, characters that keep the places open. Shops that have something on display for sale since the year of dot. Opposite end of the scale also the Bells and whistles shops.

can people send me their recommendations please ans why it’s worth a visit. Either by reply here or pm if you’d rather not raise awareness of some shops. Thanks a million

I’m planning to do a week long not bothered about locations in the country yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,215 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Humphries in Finglas...they have stuff in there from the year dot!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Freemans on Bath Avenue, old school bike shop, no fancy stuff the last time I went in there but that may have changed as it was 10 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2 romanded

Humphries in Finglas...they have stuff in there from the year dot:) ye

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Quay Cycle's,Drogheda,has race winner's bike's and jersey's spanning over 60 years.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Could try having a look at Donard. Frame builder up north

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭ottolwinner

Some great recommendations there thanks. Any others welcome or it looks like my holiday will be covering a small geographic area.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭secman

Gorey cycle Centre is an old style bike shop, no fancy set up there at all. Directions by bike : from Dublin head out N81to Blessington , turn left for Valleymount and on up the Wicklow Gap, into Laragh, Rathdrum, Woodenbridge, Arklow and finally into Gorey,

Enjoy the scenery , its fairly stunning 😍

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

Bee Cycles sounds like your kind of place. Not as old as some of the other places mentioned but a proper bike shop. The kind of place you can go for an casual conversation on Sturmey-Archer hubs :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Joe Dalys in Dundrum has the bike of the founder Joe on display. His son David runs the shop now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭db

The Bike Shop in Limerick. It's been there for years and hasn't changed a bit. I was buying a bike in there for one of my kids and Joe the owner remembered my dad buying bikes for us in there. Go in at a quiet time and have a chat with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Roadtoad

The Forge, Ballinamore, Co Leitrim.

Not strictly a bike shop, but I bet they have lots of cycling related bits. An absolute treasure trove of knick nacks. Don't pass this area without checking it out. Some good low-traffic cycling in the area too. Irish or foreign visitors would be thrilled with a visit.

Advertisement