Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firebird 50/90 cutting out after a few min

Options
  • 27-01-2024 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hopefully someone could help me so my very trusted firebird 50/90 oil boiler is cutting out after about 5 min and heating a couple of near rads, I thought it could be the control box so fitted a new one but still doing the same thing, could it be the pump that's gone, anyone any thoughts on this your help would be very gracefully received.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,604 ✭✭✭zg3409

Is the water getting hot next to the boiler?

Have you checked your have plenty of oil? Did you run out of oil recently?

When you say cutting out what happens and what happens when you reset or restart the boiler?

Do you have a pressure gauge to show water pressure? What is the pressure?

What control box did you replace? Can you put up a few photos of set up..

• Registered Users Posts: 33 notthereyet

When I turn up the thermostat knob it runs again for a few more minutes and than cuts out again, the pump is very hot and there is a bit of a sound out of it, plenty oil in the tank didn't run out, control box is riello same as the one it replaced.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Sounds like a circulation pump problem. Pipe will be scalding on boiler output side, cold on the return.

Same symptoms with an air lock. But if you haven't done anything recently it could be the circulation pump.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 33 notthereyet

Thanks guts turned it on again today and noticed water coming out the overflow pipe outside coming from the small tank in atic it stopped again when I turned off the heat.

Advertisement