Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nct and fabrication

Options
  • 27-01-2024 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, I currently have a nissan 200sx (s14) getting a full restoration in the UK and the fabricator has asked me if I wanted the spare wheel well floor made level with the rest of the boot (basically delete the spare wheel well) as it has numerous small repairs and slight damage on it. It would be finished with bead rolling and end up with a cleaner look and would save time and cost. My only concern is what the outlook of the Nct would be on this? Would it be more of a headache then it's worth? Between the two lines of the picture would be level. (not my car in pic)

Just looking for civil opinions not lectures, thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Stephenc66

I know competition cars competing in Motorsport Ireland "Endurance Events" must have a valid NCT and as some of these cars are modified they have required engineers reports to pass. I'm pretty sure any rally cars that have been NCt'd would have required the same.

A quick google also showed up similar results on different forums including here on boards where people have needed engineers reports to get a modified car to pass. There are also inks to people and companies providing the service.

The link below appears to be the form required

Best of luck with your project. It's always nice to have your own spin on how your car is modified

• Registered Users Posts: 3 shanemcg96

Had heard of engineers reports before actually, that may be the way to go then. Thanks for the info Stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Does the wheel well add strength compared to a flat floor? I’d imagine it does.

Advertisement