Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin TV and Broadband

Options
  • 27-01-2024 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

I've been with SKY since 2006 and my current deal for TV and Broadband has expired. Was on 70 euro pm but is rising to 120. Best they offered me was 97 pm. I know they will return with an improved offer but I fancy a change.

What are peoples experience of Virgin. I can get 1gb and TV package on a 1 year contract for 60 euro. Think there is also a 100 all in one card too perhaps.

I realise I don't get all the same channels but I'm not losing any of note. I was wondering is there a facility to record on Virgin? Just looking for some advice before i make the jump.

Thanks in advance.

Post edited by icdg on

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Moved to cable. (edit: note system log says I edited the above post: I didn’t, I accidentally went in meaning to edit my own post and went out again. No changes made).

Whether you can record depends on what box you get, TV360 can do record, streaming box can’t. You’ll get Streaming box if you’re on full fibre and TV360 if not.

If you’re used to Sky you may want to note: with VM there’s no manual tuning so if that was a feature you used be aware of that. VM only has the channels that are on the EPG.

There is no red button feature on VM but that’s a feature that’s hardly used outside of sports these days anyway.

Advertisement