Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fish finder install

Options
  • 27-01-2024 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

So I bought a Garmin 102sv which is a really nice fish finder I made a mount which clamps to the side of my boat without drilling. I have a 19ft anglers fancy which has a fin at the back. I bought a pole for the transducer

which doesn't really work properly and is flimsy. Any ideas how I should install the transducer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

If your lake boat has a hydrofoil/fin in the stern, its going to be difficult to install.

What type of pole did you buy?

There are some really robust ones out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 GhostRanger

It was a patriot one. When I tried it the image was very bad but I'm not used to reading them as it's my first fish finder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

the 102sv is a good unit but the marketing pictures arent always to be trusted. The pictures they use are usually in prime conditions, crystal clear water, optimal wiring, optimal setup etc.

Can you show a picture of the rear of the boat and what picture quality you are getting on the unit? i have never liked the side mounts because they do seem to cause vibration on the transducer which used to confuse the older ones I had something awful and they were all over the place. I havent had a newer one (post 2010) on a side mount.

I'm currently in college atm so I can't take a pic of the boat at the back but I've found a pic of a very similar fin on a sheelin. I don't have any pictures of the fish finder image.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

yeah cant see an easy place to mount the transducer there alright.

• Advertisement

Those patriot poles should be well up to the job.

Have you tried mounting it on the stern so the transducer sites just off the back of the fin?

That's what I used to do when I had one on a lake boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭thereitisgone

What type of patriot pole did you get, photo would help when you try fit it on back of boat

Is it something like this https://happyangler.fi/tuote/patriot-anturi-kaikuluotainteline-laitakiinnityksella-69370125/

That's the one I got

Have you any photos of how you have it set up at the minute?

Advertisement