Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ex won’t move out of my house

Options
  • 26-01-2024 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all,

I Own a house that me and my ex girlfriend moved into about a year ago. We also have a toddler aswell. My relationship with my ex started to get very toxic where she was emotionally and financially abusive towards me. I am scared to be in her company and for my safety so I moved back in with my dad. I really want what’s best for my child and that is not me and her mum living together. I’ve tried to explain this to my ex but she won’t listen. She is currently living in my house, rent and utilities free as it’s always been.

I am going to go to a solicitor which I don’t want to do but she has left me no choice. I’m sure she will ask her to leave as it is not her property but what happens if she refuses to leave or ignores the letter ? Would the gaurds have to come and physically take her away.

to finish, I’m fragile from my abusive relationship so I don’t need to hear that I’m a terrible person for kicking her out. Like I said , I want what’s best for my child and that’s not us living together.

if anyone has any insight or has gone through something similar please let me know

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,964 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

definitely solicitor, and quickly, make sure you try get custody of your child also, and consider counselling for yourself, you ll probably need all of that to get through it, best of luck

Advertisement