Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minimum Age - Senior Public Service Roles (TLAC)

Options
  • 26-01-2024 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

Hi

Would the Public Service have a minimum age (although obviously not mentioned) for Senior Roles in the Public Service? There is a Senior Role that interests me and that I believe I'd be a perfect fit for as far as my own work experience goes, but once they cop my age (early 30s) I feel I'd be laughed out the door.

Or is it a case that they want the best possible previous experience and age shouldn't come into it? I'd be coming from the Private sector

Just don't want to waste my time doing a fairly rigurous application for no reason.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Chaos Black

Not aware of any rules re it. I would not think it would be a factor. Competency based is the name of the game.

A lot of people in their 30's would not get it, due to a lack of requisite experience to hit the competencies.

Advertisement