Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone contract

Options
  • 26-01-2024 4:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭

Unfortunately i signed up for another years contract. It was 10 euro cheaper per month for 6 months. The reason i say unfortunately is because I shouldn’t have done it until they sorted out my voicemail greeting. They won’t fix it for me no matter how many times I contact them.

Do i have grounds for them to release me from contract so i can move to another network?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭beachhead

What is the problem with your voicemail? Is it your own recording or Vodafone set? Have your forgotten a PIN you set on it? Is the incoming ring too short before your phone goes to vm? Is your vm recording capacity too low? I think Vodafone is waiting for you fix whatever you can first

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

A lot of assumptions there isn’t there? Anyway…

This is going on for months. I record a greeting, save and activate but it doesn’t. The problem certainly is their end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

I had the same problem on my work number last year , I thought I was losing my marbles and swore I recorded several greetings. I had them remove the voicemail provisioning completely for a few days and then got them to add it back. I would try that if they haven't already but leave a few days in between, I wouldn't do it on the same call. It worked after that but no amount of tickets got it resolved before that unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

I did get an improvement since the last time I contacted them. I can now record and save a greeting but if i want to change it to a name only greeting it won’t change.

Advertisement